CKCC

ckcc-image

This year it is estimated that 30,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with kidney cancer and 12,000 will die of the disease. The California Kidney Cancer Center was founded to make new and advanced forms of therapy for kidney cancer readily available in Northern California.

Speaker Presentations: 7th Annual Kidney Cancer Survivors Day
Understanding Clinical Trials

‘Save the Dates’ for the 2008
Northern California Kidney Cancer Support Group

  • June 28th
  • September 20th
  • November 15th

 

Kidney cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the cells in the kidney.

The two most common types of kidney cancer are renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and urothelial cell carcinoma (UCC) of the renal pelvis. These names reflect the type of cell from which the cancer developed.

The different types of kidney cancer (such as RCC and UCC) develop in different ways, meaning that the diseases have different outlooks (or prognosis), and need to be staged and treated in different ways. RCC is responsible for approximately 80% of primary renal cancers, and UCC accounts the majority of the remainder (20%).
Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidney_cancer

Cancer in general can be impacted by various factors including stress, poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle.  One way to decrease the possibility of contracting cancer in its various forms is to eat raw, organic vegetables.  Juicing vegetables is a great way to accomplish this.  One source for juicing vegetable recipes is a book written by Drew Canole and available on Amazon.com.

Getting in shape helps with overall health

A great program for working out and getting in shape is Six Pack Shortcuts.  The founder of the program (Mike Change) has a coaching program where he teaches people how to exercise properly for maximum fat loss and for muscle gain.

This is a great program for anyone who wants to increase their fitness levels and improve their quality of life.  I found a great Six Pack Shortcuts Review that goes into the most detail that I have found online, short of some of the video reviews on youtube.

One of the descriptors for this program is that it is a “total body transformation system” vs just a weight loss or muscle building/training program.  It is used to transform the body over time.  This does take dedication and commitment to achieve.  One of the core fitness methodologies is the use of HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training.  You can find out more about the program  here: http://www.finsnation.com/six-pack-shortcuts-review

There is quite a bit of evidence and discussion in the medical community about how proper nutrients and vitamins can really help to not only prevent anomalies in the body but also help to keep it strong.